Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Goals...

I started this blog June 10th and saved it. I was conflicted as you will see. I summed it up and finished it today...

If you had asked me what my goals were when I was 18, I would have said (in fact, I did say) that by the time I'm 27 I want to have gotten my degree, have a teaching job, be married and have 2 kids. I think God laughs when we tell Him our plans, but thankfully He also listens. My goals were certainly not reached in the order I predicted when I was 18, but they were reached. I'm 27, have an amazing husband, who is an amazing father to our two quirky, intelligent, hilarious, adorably rotten children (ages 5 and 7) . I graduated with my bachelor's yesterday and I accepted a teaching position last week.

So, the big question I've been asked a hundred times in the last few days, "How do you feel now?" I've had trouble answering this question because I feel like I cannot feel proud without feeling a lot of humility. Nobody accomplishes anything huge without a lot of support. And I cannot even begin to explain my support system. Let's just say that my real life "circles" include that amazing hubby I mentioned earlier, the best parents, brothers, sisters, and in-laws anybody could ever ask for, grandparents that have truly saved me from drowning more times than I care to admit, and a plethora of friends who have served as last minute babysitters, cheerleaders, or shoulders to cry on regularly in the last 9 years. I feel that few people in my circumstances would have been able to accomplish completing a college degree without such a support system and I am so grateful God gave me the one He did.

So I guess my point is that I have to give credit where credit is due. It would be easy to go on about having reached my goals, but the truth is that this has been a combined effort. We've all gotten me through college and I owe my family big time for that. Unfortunately, I am now leaving them all to move 700 miles away. Maybe they'll see this as me repaying them with a break! Who knows? But I'm sure going to miss everybody. But, God wouldn't have brought my family through all of this, given me that amazing support system and a vision and passion for teaching children, if He didn't have big plans in mind. He's sending us to Mississippi so that's where we'll go.

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you all the very best!!! We'll miss you, but now we have another reason to visit Mississippi! You are taking a leap of faith...but not to worry. God wouldn't ask you to jump off a cliff unless He was planning to give you wings to fly! Soar! Embrace it all! I can't wait to see all He has in store for you and your precious family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this is a crazy late comment to your comment, but what you said was so sweet. Thank you for this and for all of the support you've given our family. Love you!

    ReplyDelete