Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Blind Organization

I never thought I would be so excited to get a letter in the mail that says "Dear Colleague." Silly, I know, but at least I know I've not been forgotten... or worse, replaced. Yikes! But the worry is now 90% alleviated. At least if the kind people of the school have forgotten me, some computer data system at the school knows I exist.

I have been able to get my head a little organized despite the little information I have to get my classroom organized. I found this FANTABULOUS teacher binder (pictured below) from The Organized Classroom blog (click here for link) which has everything you forgot you ever needed as far as paperwork (sub plans, gradebook stuff, contact info and so much more that I can't even think of!). AND, it's all in this super adorable black and white theme. I also got from the same website a Core Concepts organizer which will help me keep track of all these new standards. It also helps the students keep track of what they have learned! AWESOME!!!



I also found a huge amount of resources from this other AMAZING teacher blog, The Clutter-Free Classroom (click here for link). I only hope I can be as organized as these amazing women seem to be! What I loved from the Clutter-Free Classroom (among the many, many things I have downloaded) was this Classroom Procedures and Routines Workbook (click for link). I am so glad that somebody out there was thinking of how to get ME organized! I did have to pay for those few things I mentioned but I think they will be TOTALLY worth it. The Clutter-Free Classroom has TONS of other downloads which are FREE!!! And I do love me some free!

So... despite the itty bitty amount of communication I've had with the school, I figure most of this is universal(ish) and so I now feel a bit more organized than I did. A little bit less panicky. I'm sure it'll be okay. Why isn't my Ohio teaching license here yet...? Grrr.



1 comment: