Thursday, June 7, 2012

Paper Chain

383 days ago my children and I cut out 386 strips of paper and created a super-duper long paper chain. The links alternated between black and white and every 50th link was yellow so I could keep track of where I was in my countdown to graduation. We draped it around the house like garland (which my husband just LOVED by the way - yes I'm being totally sarcastic) and it wrapped from my dining room, all the way around my living room, down and back up the hallway and to the edge of the kitchen (I'll try to find the pictures to post). Trust me, when you are looking at that long of a paper chain, it makes you think you may never graduate! But my kids and I took one off every day and now here I am with three links left: one white, one black, and a final yellow one with the words "Graduation Day!" written on it. It's become a regular topic of conversation in the family now. "How many days do you have left?" or "How long is the chain?" are questions I have answered with excitement every day for the last year and some odd days.

Now with all the excitement about moving to Mississippi and getting a job, I feel like I've forgotten that the day I've been waiting for for NINE YEARS is finally here! So I think, unless somebody calls me, I'm putting away all of the crazy house hunting and planning and such until after Saturday. I've worked so hard and I want to relish this next few days before the next exciting chapter begins. YAY! THREE MORE DAYS 'TIL GRADUATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I am looking forward to celebrating with you!

    ReplyDelete