Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Phone interview

So yesterday I had my first phone interview. Talk about nerve-wracking! I knew there were 4 people listening to me on the conference call, but only one was talking. I felt like a babbling idiot since I couldn't see anybody's faces. But wouldn't you just figure that an hour later, the principal of a school in my hubby's home town in Mississippi calls me up to offer me a third grade teaching position. Oh, and I'm taking it because it's a job and it might be the only one I can find.

So now... I'm drastically overwhelmed! I haven't even graduated yet! Okay, so technically I'm finished with everything. Student teaching ended last week and I didn't have to worry about finals (Praise the Lord!), but graduation is Saturday (and grad party). Oh, and might I add that school in said district starts August 1st. The Lord has taken care of us thus far, and I know he will continue, but the poor fella has his hands full with this one. I'm sure He already has this to-do list, but here is my rendition.

  1. Find a place to live in a good school district at a school where I am not teaching (whole different soapbox - ask me later).
  2. Find Sean a job.
  3. Make money appear out of thin air.
  4. Get the kids enrolled in a school.
  5. Get school supplies.
  6. Get school clothes for myself and the kids.
  7. Get a classroom ready (and be willing to stick with whatever I choose to do).
  8. Attend teacher meetings.
  9. Get furniture.
  10. Move.
  11. Get my MS teaching license (oh, after I get my OH teaching license...)
Okay Lord, there's my rendition. I'm sure there is more. I know you're sitting up there laughing at my panicky state because you've already got all of this figured out, so I'm handing it over. You're the God of miracles... and I think I'm in need of one.

Love,
Tam



1 comment:

  1. He's got it all under control! I love that you found a job in Meridian! I happen to know some pretty incredible people who already live there! :)

    ReplyDelete