Monday, September 24, 2012

Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore...

Okay, so my dog is named Baby, and instead of being a miniature whatcha-call-it, she's more of a mastiff. And instead of Kansas, I'm talking about the teeny tiny farm town I student taught in back in Ohio. I had originally started this blog intending to write about my first year of student teaching. As everybody told me I would, I got super overwhelmed and haven't written since I moved in July. I am not going to try and backtrack all of my experiences since then, as amusing, heartbreaking, and/or unbelievable as some may be. But I will try to get to them along the way. In the meantime, here's the rundown: We're in a great little neighborhood with amazing neighbors. My kids are in a fabulous school! The school I teach at is 4 miles down the road and a whole world away. Amazing that things can transition so dramatically in just 4 miles. I'm working with a level of poverty I've never known before. The kind where you don't have pencils and paper in your classroom unless you buy them yourself. So there's your teaser. I promise to write more later, but it's 6:17 and I'm the only one awake and we all need to be gone in the next 45 minutes. Ahhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment